If you've been on a few day-hikes and feel your next step is to go on an overnight camping trip, you are in the right place.
Those who've never been camping before struggle with this transition. We've all been there. You don't know what gear to bring, how much food to pack or what things to consider in planning to camp, even if its just an overnight.
The good news are that with a bit of planning and the right guidance, anyone can go on an overnight hike without any problems.
This is why we decided to create this course. To provide you with all the information you need to know to prepare for your first backpacking trip.
In This Course, You'll Learn
- How to choose a good hiking trail for your first overnight hike.
- How to prepare yourself for your first overnight trip.
- How to stay safe on the trail.
- Getting everything ready before you go, including how to pack and fit your backpack, what to bring and last minute checks.
1. Choosing The Trail
- 1.1. Things To Consider When Choosing A Hiking Trail
- 1.2. The 3 Online Resources You Can Use To Find Your Hiking Trail
- 1.3. The Perfect Backpacking Route For First Timers
2. Preparation And Research
- 2.1. How To Prepare Yourself For A Hiking Trail
- 2.2. How To Plan A Hike In The Heat, Rain & Snow
- 2.3. How Much Food, Fuel & Water To Bring
- 2.4. How To Stay Safe On The Trail
3. Final Steps
- 3.1. Getting Your Gear Ready
- 3.2. How To Pack Your Backpack
- 3.3. How To Fit Your Backpack
- 3.4. Last Minute Safety Checks
About The Instructors: Roxy & Ben